What can I do?

Florent Thoumie flz at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 22 13:56:01 UTC 2007

Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> On Thursday 22 March 2007 09:43, Florent Thoumie wrote:
>> Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>>> So it's going to be rolled out even though one of the great new and
>>> improved features of 7.2 is broken on FreeBSD? :-)
>>>
>>> Well, it's not my decision to make, but it seems like a bad decision to
>>> me.
>> Too bad you're not the one to decide then :-)
>>
>> Feel free to clone my git repo and maintain xorg out of the tree until
>> this is resolved. Cause once we fixed all broken ports, if it's not
>> going in, don't ask me to do anymore work on Xorg. I think I had my
>> share (and a fair one).
>
> Please understand that I am very appreciative of all the work you guys are
> doing.  It's been a major undertaking, and you've gone a hell of a job.  It's
> just sad, for me, to see that the only way to get a stable 3D desktop in
> FreeBSD currently, and in the foreseeable future, is exclusively with nVidia
> cards.

FWIW, beryl is currently broken on my nVidia machines as well.

I understand perfectly what you mean, but let me summarize how things
work, people work on that kind of stuff because of interest and/or
money. Sadly I'm not interested in working on this and I have no
particular knowledge that I could sell to fix AIGLX or pcigart.

Your best bet is to ask xorg developers.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org