Xorg and Intel 810

Mike Stunes kc0tqx at sio.midco.net
Sun Mar 4 02:41:27 UTC 2007

X is X, check your Xorg logs, your dmesg for any errors, I used to have
an onboard i810, below is my X config that I was using for it.  It
sounds like your modelines or h/v refresh rates are wrong, check the
handbook for the various ways to set up X

Here's what I've found out--using "vga" as the driver will start TWM and
the like in a barely usable config--i can only see the top corner of the
screen, and changing modes with Ctrl-Alt-+/- doesn't work. Using the
"vesa" driver makes a flickery display that doesn't show anything, but I
can still kill the server. Using "i810" makes the machine hang.

Ask for any parts of the config that you think would help--they aren't
on this machine so I can't copy and paste.

Thanks,
Mike