Configuration of an MX Revolution mouse.

Samira Nox samira.nox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 19:12:31 UTC 2007

Hi

I try to get all the buttons of a Logitech MX Revolution working.
(Two mousebuttons, two thumbbuttons, a wheel with four directions and
a clickable thumbwheel)

When I cat /dev/ums0 all buttons, and wheels produce some output.

But when X is started, and I try to see them in xev just the two
mousebuttons,
the basic wheel and the two thumbbuttons work.

I tried to set te number of buttons in my xorg.conf, as well as
ZAxisMapping.
This lead to an output in xev for the forward-thumbwheel. But not more.

The system is a FreeBSD 6.2-Release, with xorg-7.2.

Could you point me in the right direction to get it configured?

Sam