Xorg and Intel 810

Mike Stunes kc0tqx at sio.midco.net
Sat Mar 3 05:03:15 UTC 2007

I have this old Gateway Essential 933 that I just tried installing
FreeBSD 6.2 on today. System installs fine, but I tried starting Xorg
with its automatic config (can't remember the command but it's in the
handbook)--gave me some funky colored vertical lines and locked up. Had
to reboot, Ctrl-Alt-Bksp wouldn't kill it. Changed the driver to "vesa"
in the config and tried it again, and then I got a greenish flickering
display.

Don't know what to try to fix this one. I'm brand-new to BSD but I've
been with Linux for 3-4 years now, so I kinda know my way around.
--
Immanuel Kant but Kubla Khan.

73, Mike
KCØTQX