Beryl loads but is unresponsive.

Matt Dawson matt at chronos.org.uk
Mon Jun 25 16:21:43 UTC 2007

On Monday 25 Jun 2007, freebsd-x11-request at freebsd.org wrote:
> My graphics card is a GeForce 7300 GS.

As soon as I saw this thread I thought it might have been. PCIe with
TurboCache. It's very evil and screws around with the 3D on FreeBSD. I have
an Asus 7300GS with TC which does exactly the same thing: Pointer goes jerky,
almost totally unresponsive and trying to do anything feels like wading
through treacle, metaphorically speaking.

Sorry about this, but it's the only advice I can give you in good conscience:
Ditch the 7300. Mine's currently stuck in a cupboard. It's a horrible card
and the built-in 6100 on my Asus board does a far better job, even with
Beryl.
--
Matt Dawson.

matt at chronos.org.uk