DRM on VIA CLE266 and FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE

Novembre novembre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 06:21:21 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a Pentium III-S 1.40GHz system which has a VIA CLE266 chipset, and I
have installed 6.2-RELEASE on it. On this machine, X.org 7.2 is running
happily except for the lack of DRI. I have done some searching, and it seems
that ( according to
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/FreeBSD?highlight=%28CategoryOperatingSystem%29)
DRM is still not available for this chipset,
i.e. VIA CLE266 is not in the list.

Below is the message I get in Xorg.0.log:
----------
(II) VIA(0): 3D Engine has been initialized.
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
[drm] failed to load kernel module "via"
(II) VIA(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
(EE) VIA(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed.  Disabling DRI.