Avoiding upgrade to xorg 7.2

Bram Moolenaar Bram at moolenaar.net
Wed Jun 13 20:04:07 UTC 2007

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 02:44:09PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> >
> > It appears after a recent "cvsup" many ports that depends on X11 fail to
> > build.  For example: "portupgrade nspluginwrapper"
> >
> > ===>   nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.4_2 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/xorg/libraries - not found
> > ===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/libdata/xorg/libraries in /usr/ports/x11/xorg-libraries
> > Read /usr/ports/UPDATING for the procedure to upgrade or install xorg 7.2.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Updating from xorg 6.9 to 7.2 appears to be a tricky thing.  This is my
> > main system, I don't want to risc breaking it.
> >
> > So how do I make the ports accept xorg 6.9 and not require upgrading to
> > 7.2?  I compiled the same port for 6.9 just fine, so there is no real
> > dependency on the 7.2 version.
>
> Stick with the PRE_XORG7 tag (or whatever we called it) until you are
> ready to upgrade.  You can't easily mix and match old and new ports.

A variable that means "stick to 6.9" would be very nice.  But I have a
problem with the "(or whatever we called it)" bit.  Looking in the
/usr/ports/Mk directory I can't find something that looks like
PRE_XORG7.  So what is it called?

228. You spend Saturday night making the counter on your home page
     pass that 2000 mark.

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram at Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\