ports/113576: bsd.port.mk Breaks Some Ports in FreeBSD 6.2

User Tomdean tomdean at speakeasy.org
Wed Jun 13 06:24:38 UTC 2007

Success.

Thanks for the help.

To recap,

I installed FreeBSD 6.1 from the subscription CD, cvsup, buildworld,
installworld to FreeBSD 6.2.  I frequently updated the ports tree
while using the system and slowly adding ports.

After some confusion, I followed the procedure to upgrade xorg6.9 to
xorg 7.2.  It was difficult..  I ripped out X and some of the using
ports with pkg-delete, reinstalled xorg6.9 from the 6.2 CD, and
finally got the ports tree clean enough to do the procedure.

Portupgrade -Rf libXft failed twice, needing help upgrading some
specific port and with pkgdb.

Portupgrade -a failed several times.  I used portupgrade <some port> and
restarted portupgrade -a several times until it finally succeeded.

I ended up with a mostly empty /usr/X11R6 before the merge.

I started with 167 ports installed and ended with 355 installed ports!
Quite a bit of bloat.  I have not looked into why.  But, I have 80% or
the original ports updated.  The other 20% may not be necessary.

Thanks for the code and help.

tomdean