ports/113431: x11-servers/xorg-server (scanpci) does not compile on HEAD

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Wed Jun 6 22:21:22 UTC 2007

* Doug White (dwhite at FreeBSD.org) wrote:

> When attempting to compile xf86ScanPci.c during the build of the
> xorg-server port, gcc grows to consume all memory and swap until killed.
> As such Xorg 7.2 cannot be built on HEAD with gcc 4.2. I changed CFLAGS
> to use -O -fno-unit-at-a-time and it still crashes.
Same here, though I've managed to build it. I have 512MB RAM and
1.5G swap, maximum swap usage was about 800-900 MB.

As a workaround I may suggest to tamper with some knobs in xf86ScanPci.c
(there definitely was a #define to disable non-video PCI IDs) or split
the file into multiple pieces.

--
Best regards,
  Dmitry Marakasov               mailto:amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru