merge script

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sun Jun 3 18:58:18 UTC 2007

Please wrap your lines before 80 characters.

On 2007-Jun-03 02:04:44 -0700, Ryan Mesa <vytalelementz at yahoo.com> wrote:
>I just updated xorg from version 6.9 to 7.2. There is a merge script
>the UPDATED file suggests to use, I ran after the update but I
>received this error message:
>
>Files that exist both in /usr/local and /usr/X11R6 have been found as
>shown above. Merging will not continue.

Typically, the files listed are 'man/whatis' - which is automatically
generated and can be safely removed - and any files that you have
locally created or modified - in which case you need to manually move
the files or patches from /usr/X11R6 to /usr/local and then delete
the file in /usr/X11R6.

>I was hoping that someone could shed some light on what I could
>delete and what needs to be moved to a safe location as directed. Any
>help is appreciated. Thank you.

If you are uncertain about specific files, please provide the filenames.

--
Peter Jeremy