merge script

Ryan Mesa vytalelementz at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 09:31:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just updated xorg from version 6.9 to 7.2. There is a merge script the UPDATED file suggests to use, I ran after the update but I received this error message:

Files that exist both in /usr/local and /usr/X11R6 have been found as shown above. Merging will not continue.
While some such files are safe to remove as they will be regenerated (like /usr/X11R6/man/whatis), some you might want to move away somewhere safe, and some might point to conflicts in ports.
For this script to continue, you need to either move these files away from /usr/X11R6 or delete them. If you don't know what to do about a particular file, ask on x11 at FreeBSD.org mailing list.
The list is saved in /tmp/mergebase.3HIXDrU8.

I was hoping that someone could shed some light on what I could delete and what needs to be moved to a safe location as directed. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ryan Mesa