RADEON/AIGLX/DRM Problem

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Thu Jul 26 08:16:35 UTC 2007

vehemens wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 July 2007 07:00:51 pm Ganbold wrote:
>
>> I tried this patch. Now X works with AIGLX enabled. Of course beryl
>> works with white screen :)
>> However when I try to run googleearth, it crashes X. When I kill beryl,
>> X crashes too.
>>

> Assuming that you have AIGLX enabled in your xorg.conf, did you reboot before
> launching X with beryl?
>
> If not, try after a reboot and see if you still get a white screen on the
> first try as there seems to be a few more bugs in the ATI code with xserver
> restarts.

Didn't try that. I know usually it helps, I have sometimes white screen
in machine with i945GM card
and in that case reboot helps.

> If that doesn't do it, then it's probably a bug that got fixed by my using the
> the development branch of 1) the ati driver, 2) drm driver, 3) xserver.  My
> ati and drm drivers have some custom patches as well.
>
> Here the path I'm going to recommend if your willing:
>
> 1) Upgrade your ati driver to 6.6.192 then consider patching to match the
> development branch.  I can send you my patches which also has a patch to the
> RADEONRestoreAccelState function which may be required for stability.
>
> 2) Update the drm driver to match the development branch.  I can send you my
> port which also has patches required to prevent kernel hangs.
>
> 3) Update the xserver to the development branch and mesa 7.0.  Also requires
> updating the keyboard and mouse drivers as well as the pixman port.  I can
> send these to you as well.

Can you send me those patches? Do those patches help to beryl work?

thanks,

Ganbold

--
The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people
worry than work.