Problems with Xorg 7.2 (shared object librpcsvc.so.4 not found)

Yousef Raffah yraffah at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 07:57:15 UTC 2007

Hello Everyone,

I'm running CURRENT and I had a perfectly working xorg 7.2. Later on,
I started to have different problems for some reason that I can't
remember right now. However, it was related to some sort of libraries.

Tried several things to fix it but I couldn't, at the end, I decided
to remove all my installed packages and start from zero. I
pkg_delete(ed) everything then installed fluxbox, thinking that it
will install xorg but it didn't, so I had to pkg_add -rv xorg and xorg
7.2 got installed but starting it with startx gives the following:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "librpcsvc.so.4" not found,
required by "libX11.so.6"

Any idea or hints would be highly appreciated.