Protecting post-install in xorg-libraries

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Thu Jul 5 23:07:28 UTC 2007

On Jul 5, 2007, at 4:03 AM, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> I don't think the pkg-install script for xorg-libraries should be run
> when PACKAGE_BUILDING is defined.  This leaves left over etc/
> rc.conf and
> etc/periodic.conf, and doesn't buy anything if you are just building
> packages.
>
> The post-install target should probably look like:
>
> .if !defined(PACKAGE_BUILDING)
> post-install:
> 	@${SETENV} ${SCRIPTS_ENV} ${SH} ${PKGINSTALL} ${PKGNAME} POST-INSTALL
> .endif

Indeed. Committed, thanks!
Builds of some packages will still report changed files in
environment like Tinderbox though as they install the package version
of xorg-libraries. The two files should be ignored there the same as /
usr/X11R6 symlink (kris already said pointyhat will ignore them).
Sorry for not mentioning this for Tinderbox earlier.

Dejan