xdriinfo doesn't build with nvidia-driver and WITH_NVIDIA_GL=yes

SirDice sirdice at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 26 12:17:03 UTC 2007

John Nielsen wrote:
> Still following the upgrade procedure in the wiki, I set WITH_NVIDIA_GL=yes
> in /etc/make.conf and then did "make all install clean" from
> ports/x11/xorg. The xdriinfo build failed because of some missing GL header
> files. I un-set WITH_NVIDIA_GL and uninstalled nvidia-driver so I could
> install libGL and then it worked fine.

I had the same error. I solved it by doing a make install in the
nvidia-driver port.
After that the xorg build (including xdriinfo) proceeded as normal.

IIRC libGL and the nvidia-driver are mutually exclusive.

NB xdriinfo doesn't work with the nvidia-driver. It complains that libGL
is too old.

Cheers,

Remko C.