xorg-7.2.r3_3 on current/amd64 with ATI Radeon Xpress 1100

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 11 14:42:04 PST 2007

On 1/12/07, Stanislav Sedov <stas at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 00:41:17 +0300
> "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer at FreeBSD.org> mentioned:
>

> > The tar contains logs from 6.9 and 7.2 and a conf
> > file which is similar for both versions.
> >
> > Unfortunately drm won't work as there's no drm
> > support for Xpress 1100 yet. I tried adding the
> > pciid, but xorg just hangs at start. No skill/
> > motivation to hack radeon driver at the moment.
> >
> > However, the white screen problem stays with
> > drm/glx/GLcore turned off.
> >

> OK, I'll take a look at your logs ASAP. AFAIK, ati drm hangs on FreeBSD
> currently due to locking problems. You can try a patch attached.

No rush, 6.9 is working perfectly for me :-) Well,
the drm itself doesn't even support the family of
Xpress 1100, there's little chance it will
miraculously work just because the driver attaches.

I'll try the patch later, I'm very tired of crashing
my system. Lost a lot of time and bytes to fsck :-(

Thanks!