Xorg - Server is already active for display 0

Rajen Jani (BT Yahoo! Broadband) x_element108 at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 27 15:23:18 UTC 2007

   Hello Everyone,
            I ran Xorg after a successful make install clean session. I
   ran the xfgconfig command and done the all the configuration.
   When I try to run Xorg now it gives me the error above. Below is a
   short history of what I have done. Any help will be great.
   Regards,
   Rajen
   P.S. When I check the var log it only shows me the same error.
   ritm# Xorg
   Fatal server error:
   Server is already active for display 0
           If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
           and start again.
   Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
            at [1]http://wiki.X.Org
    for help.
   ritm# rm -rf /tmp/.X0-lock
   ritm# Xorg
   _XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
   _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running
   Fatal server error:
   Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
   already running
   Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
            at [2]http://wiki.X.Org
    for help.
   Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
   information.