beryl problems

Csaba Molnar molnarcs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 11:52:13 UTC 2007

2007. February 9. 11.55 dátummal Ivan Voras ezt írta:
> Florent Thoumie wrote:
> > Ivan Voras wrote:
> >>
> >> Ok, ldd doesn't report anything missing in the .so, but there's no
> >> strndup in my libc (releng_6).
> >
> > Use the settings manager to disable the thumbnail plugin and try to
> > start beryl again. This is not the right fix but at least you might get
> > it to work.
>
> It worked for starting it, but I only get empty white featureless
> windows when I start beryl :(

Another common problem unfortunately - and it seems to affect nvidia cards as
well:
http://forum.beryl-project.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3057&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=white

Do you have this in xorg.conf:

Section "Screen"
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"

A user noted that he got white windows without this...

> Maybe some other graphic card will help... Are all AGP nVidia cards
> supported by the binary non-free driver?

Only those that are supported by the 9746 drivers:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/freebsd/1.0-9746/README/appendix-a.html