FreeFontPath message on X.org shutdown

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Feb 8 16:02:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 04:47:57AM +0500, applecom at inbox.ru wrote:
> X.org on my 6.2-PRERELEASE always writes the following to console when exit:
>
> waiting for X server to shut down FreeFontPath: FPE
> "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.
>
> I saw it on previous versions of X.org and FreeBSD too. I googled for it but
> didn't find something for fix. It seems this message is very common. Is it
> error or not?

I suppose it's an error, but many people have it, I haven't seen a fix
for it, and it seems to be harmless.  :)

(Most people post something similar to what you posted--I have the
error, I've googled, no one has a solution, is it harmless, and someone
else answers as I'm answering, yeah, I have it too, it seems to be
harmless.)

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Buffy: I lost a friend tonight and I may lose more! The whole
world may be sucked into hell, and you want my help 'cause your
girlfriend's a big ho?! Let me take this opportunity to NOT care!