X11 - some text normal, some incredibly large

Andrei Kolu antik at bsd.ee
Mon Dec 31 01:36:21 PST 2007

Sunday 30 December 2007 22:11:45 kirjutas Jim Stapleton:
> > I suspect my problem lies in this section of the Xorg.0.log file:
> >  (II) intel(0): Setting screen physical size to 289 x 22
>
> I just realized, given slight rounding/measurement error, that first
> number is the /width/ of my screen. Could it somehow be offset by one
> in reading an array of data? What would the 22 be (or cme after) and
> how could I get the data the X server uses for determining screen
> dimensions?

Not same problem but my notebook with Integrated Graphics Chipset: Intel(R)
945GM was unable to use proper screen resolution until I did this:

Option      "NoDDC" "Yes"

And if you want normal fonts on screen then disable type1 support and remove
all type1 fonts from system.