x11-drivers/xf86-video-mga: current issues

Rob Clark vx2 at tds.net
Mon Dec 17 18:09:26 PST 2007

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:17:22 +0000
"Florent Thoumie" <flz at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Can I have confirmation from a couple people that the
> patch from ports/117726 actually solves most (if not all)
> problems with the mga driver?
>
> --
> Florent Thoumie
> flz at FreeBSD.org
> FreeBSD Committer

I am using the 1.4.7 version (not the patched 1.4.7,1
version)of the mga driver; 1.9.100 did not work correctly
for me.

Problems encountered with the 1.9.100 version:
When leaving X (I'm using Fluxbox wm) going to console mode,
and restarting X, my screen mode dimensions would be
distorted. It should have returned to 1024x768, but
appeared closer to 800x600.

I returned to the original xf86-video-mga-1.4.7 and
everything seems fine.  Not sure if this helps, but figured
I would add to the discussion, for-what-its-worth. :-)

Other current system info:
FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE
xorg-7.3_1

Rob