x11-drivers/xf86-video-mga: current issues

NAKAJI Hiroyuki nakaji at heimat.jp
Thu Dec 13 16:55:54 PST 2007

> > I'm in favor of the patched version from ports/117726 but there was
> > some discussion of having both versions in the tree since the newer
> > version seemed to have solved some dual-head issues for others.
> > They'll have to speak up regarding those though since I can't readily
> > find the list references.

> Last I tried 1.4.7, dualhead did not work at all.  Single monitor
> setups were okay.

> Has anyone who had problems with 1.9.100 contacted Tilman Sauerbeck or
> put a bug report on bugs.freedesktop.org?  It would be nice to see
> this problem fixed so we could all be running the same version.

I reported to both freebsd-x11 and bugs.freedesktop.org. I also posted
the summary of my problem on FreeBSD/pc98 to freebsd-x11.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2007-December/005747.html

In short,

* older driver 1.4.6 (and maybe 1.4.7) works well with the very old MGA
  card such as my 2064W.
  (I'm FreeBSD/pc98 user and I can't use any other newer video cards.)

I agree to put two ports skelton: stable and developping. Or to add some
OPTONS to use stable version or develop version of mga, if possible.

Regards,
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki