low screen resolution, after upgrade to xorg7.3

Masoom Shaikh masoom.shaikh at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 11:02:07 PST 2007

Hello,

I am facing problems in screen resolution and colours after upgrading to xorg7.3. Actually I did not upgrade xorg , installed minimal FreeBSD(amd64)6.2 freshly and portsnaped later ports collection and then installed latest xorg(7.3) and kde-lite. the link to xorg.conf below contains no changes, it is what xorgconfig generated. My video card is ATI Radeon Mobility X1400. Only vga driver worked for me, and that too without colour and low resolution. I tried ati and radeon drivers but they didn't help. I am not an expert in configuring xorg and man pages proved quite involved for me.

xorg6.9(onFreeBSD6.2 CD) worked fine, without configuring anything. I have provided links to xorg.conf and few screenshots. can anyone help ? Its been long I have seen GUI light ;-( am being forced to use lynx for browsing......

thanks,
Aston Martin

xorg.conf
Screenshot-1