AIGLX, ATI/AMD Radeons and FreeBSD -current

Coleman Kane cokane at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 30 07:27:37 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am curious what the state of AIGLX is using the ATI R300+ cards (I've
an rv350) under FreeBSD. I have been trying to track down what work is
being done on the problem.

I see a number of references detailing that it *is* broken, but I am
having difficulty tracking down any progress or unofficial patches to
deal with fixing it... is there anybody who's actively working on fixing
this problem?

I found PR 112984: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=112984
which documents some spotty working/not working cases... all referencing
6.2-STABLE. Is this the only progress made so far? Is there any "working
solution" under -current (or does the -stable fix apply to -current
too)? Does the xorg-server-snap get better results?

I'm hoping that someone else has already trudged through here and can
help shortcut what may be a drawn-out compile/test/debug/recompile cycle...

--
Coleman Kane