Upgrading X Issue

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 19:07:34 UTC 2007

Thank you again for your reply. But may I ask how I can get the default window manager back. I think it's called xterm or xdm, I'm not sure.

The link you referenced is for loading Gnome or KDE. The last time I followed the instructions for loading KDE like this it ran for almost 72 hours. And that was on a P4 1.9 Ghz with a blazing fast high speed connection I was using in NYC. It would download 640 MB in only 3 minutes, but the KDE pkg_add was still running after 2 days of non-stop compiling and I eventually had to give it up.

I just want to get my little xterm windows back like I had before the Xorg upgrade. Again, thanks for your replies.

Jung-uk Kim <jkim at FreeBSD.org> wrote: On Thursday 09 August 2007 07:01 am, Frank Griffith wrote:
>   So can you please help me with what I need to do to assign a
> window manager to run when startx is run?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11-wm.html

Jung-uk Kim