Fonts problem with IceWM with experimental X.org

Ján Šebošík sebosik at demax.sk
Sat Apr 21 19:36:34 UTC 2007

Hi all

today I`ve reinstalled whole lappie (because partition reorganization).
While running IceWM (or KDE) as "root" is fine, when I login as normal
user on console, I don`t see fonts in IceWM. Also when I try to run
gtk-demo in KDE | IceWM (as normal user), it shows on xterm -
Pango-WARNING: ** shape engine failure,expect ugly output. The offending
font is 'Tahoma not-rotated 8.7578125' -

Facts:
- system is freshly compiled from sources (20.april 2007), and
ports(from git) repository are also fresh (everything was compiled
through night.)
- .xinitrc contains only "exec icewm-session", or exec startkde

Any ideas or experiences how to solve fonts problem ?

Best regards

---
Jan Sebosik, Slovakia