ports/109497: x11-servers/xorg-fontserver rc.d/xfs.sh script missing "-user"

Stefan `Sec` Zehl sec at 42.org
Tue Apr 17 20:35:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 11:41 +0000, Florent Thoumie wrote:
> Synopsis: x11-servers/xorg-fontserver rc.d/xfs.sh script missing "-user"
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: flz
> State-Changed-When: Mon Apr 16 11:40:38 UTC 2007
> State-Changed-Why:
> I just checked and other OS'es seem to run it as root as well.
>
> If this is a real concern to you, just set xfs_flags="-user nobody" in
> /etc/rc.conf. I think this is what you're looking for.

Please note that if you set "xfs_user=" to something, the default
rc.subr will already try to do something with it, and (silently) fail to
start xfs at all. I do think fixing this would be more user friendly --
besides, its only a two-line patch anyway, and it doesn't even change
the default of running as root.

But if think it's important to refuse this change, I can certainly live
without that patch.

CU,
    Sec
--
One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire
was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate