Upgrade script

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sun Apr 15 01:39:32 UTC 2007

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 11:11:47PM +0200, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> On Saturday 14 April 2007 21:54:41 Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 03:40:28PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > * Before spamming /usr/local there needs to be a check that no files
> > > will be skipped (since you are using tar -k to avoid overwriting
> > > existing files).  Probably something using find -type f -o -type l and
> > > then comm(1) would be appropriate; the user should be warned about
> > > these conflicts and either bail out until they resolve them, or just
> > > proceed and let them deal with them by hand from the backup tarball.
>
> I've updated the script with this and some other stuff, it's on the same
> place.

Thanks.  One more thing I spotted is that it doesn't handle
non-default X11BASE or LOCALBASE.  Probably the way to do this is to
use

PORTSDIR?=/usr/ports
X11BASE=`make -f ${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.port.mk -V X11BASE`

or similar.  Using bsd.port.mk is so it picks up the default value,
and includes /etc/make.conf to check for override.  It also DTRT if
X11BASE is set in the environment.

Kris