HOWTO: Newer Radeon support

Nicolas MARTIN nicolas-martin at freesurf.fr
Fri Oct 27 12:43:46 UTC 2006

Steve Roome wrote:
> I put some instructions on how to get the newer ATI cards working
> with FreeBSD and our current port. (doesn't break anything else)
>
> The instructions are here for those that have asked:
>
> http://www.pepcross.com/ati.html
>
> Good luck if anyone wants to do this before we have it in the
> FreeBSD tree. (Sure, it'll be real soon now... )
>
> 	Steve

Great !
I just tried with my X600 on my Dell Laptop and it works !
I downloaded your tar.gz file, extract over a fresh xorg-server, cleaned
all of your .o and .so, recompiled all with make all install.
And for the first time , i can use dri/drm with this &#@*! graphic cards.
I hope that all of this will be merged in the next xorg-server port.
Manu thanks

Nicolas