dependencies for x11-servers/xorg-server

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 8 00:17:21 UTC 2006

Florent Thoumie wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 15:47 -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
>> Rene Ladan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I don't know if this is caused by portmaster or the modular xorg-server,
>> Are you referring to the 7.x version? If so, I haven't had a chance to
>> test that yet.
>>
>>> but whenever I update x11-servers/xorg-server using portmaster, it tries
>>> to reinstall the already installed x11-fonts/fontsproto and
>>> x11-fonts/xf86bigfontsproto, resulting in the FORCE_PKG_REGISTER message.
>> Is it possible that these ports have alternate versions, similar to
>> bison and bison2? If so, portmaster depends on appropriate CONFLICTS
>> being set to handle that issue. If there are not alternate versions,
>> please send me the directory from /var/db/pkg that is created after
>> the port is installed, and the port itself and I'll take a look.
>>
>>> Attached is the dependency tree for xorg-server.
>> That's very interesting, what tool did you use to generate that?
>
> FYI, there was fontsproto and some other ports both in x11/ and in
> x11-fonts. That might explain why it failed to install twice (and why it
> even tried).

That sounds like a reasonable explanation. Portmaster makes a lot of
assumptions about the data it's going to get, mostly that everything
in the ports tree is working "as expected."

If you guys can actually lock down a portmaster bug, let me know.

Doug