Xorg on FreeBSD 6.0/amd64

Vlad GURDIGA gurdiga at gmail.com
Wed May 3 07:44:39 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a perfectly running 6.0/i386 with Xorg 6.9.0 built from ports
and had some thoughts about shifting to amd64 since my hardware
permits this, but I cannot get Xorg running on 6.0/amd64 installed on
another slice on the same HDD of the same machine.

I did Xorg -configure and then Xorg -config xorg.conf.new, but all I
get is a multi-color "mosaic" on the top half of the screen and solid
black on the other half.
I've tried to use the xorg.conf from the well-working i386
installation but the results are the same.

After that I've cvsup'ed src for stable and ports and made world;
rebuild Xorg from ports collection but without any luck.

I have attached the X log and dmesg.
Hardware configuration:

Motherboard: Intel D955XBK
(http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/D955XBK/index.htm)