xorg-server 6.9.0_5

Wicker Bill wickerbill at syix.com
Sun Aug 27 15:04:50 UTC 2006

Hello all (both addresses appear on freshports),

I'm running PC-BSD (for all practical purposes it's KDE (all ports
updated) on FreeBSD) and updated my xorg-server last night to 6.9.0_5.

Very strange happenings now. Screen gets scrambled when OpenGL screen
save initializes and apparently kills X. Right clicking on the desktop
and going to 'Configure Desktop', unchecking the 'Start Automatically'
in the screen saver and then clicking the 'Apply' button does the same
thing. I see the tty0 text with garbage beneath it. Sometimes it
responds to keyboard and I can not 'startx' but can 'reboot now',
sometimes it doesn't and I have to hard boot it. I also updated
xorg-edit too. I'm running an nVidia 6200SE 256mb with nVidia's driver
1.0-8762.

I know that nVidia just released a 1.0-8774 driver but don't know if
that will help. I guess my question to you is where can I find a link to
the previous source or package of xorg-server?

Thank you and if you need any more information, please ask.

uname -a
FreeBSD drache.localhost 6.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p2 #1: Thu
Jul  6 11:31:02 PDT 2006
root at PCBSD.localhost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PCBSDv1.2  i386