x11-server/xorg-printserver

Rostislav Krasny rosti.bsd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 07:20:52 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm testing FreeBSD 6.0-BETA5 with Xorg now. The version of the
xorg-printserver is 6.8.2_1. I see an error message on system boot and
system shutdown that looks like following:

Local package initialization:
/usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d/xprint.sh: ## FATAL ERROR: No POSIX-shell found.

I've found your correspondence with Rong-En Fan and I think your fix
was wrong because this script isn't rc.d compatible and should not be
run directly and unconditionally. IMHO the right fix is writing a new
rc.d compatible xprint.sh script (like xfs.sh) that will check a
"xprint_enable" variable and call the original xprint script with
appropriate parameter(s). I think the $1 parameter of the original
xprint script should always be "posix_sh_forced". This parameter
should fix the "No POSIX-shell found" error.