ports/85735: Force imake respect CC/CXX

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Wed Sep 7 11:20:16 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR ports/85735; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak at ijs.si>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org,
 skv at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/85735: Force imake respect CC/CXX
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:10:39 +0200

 > You used unexisting cc. Try the real one - install lang/gcc34.

 Ah, my testcase was flawed as I feared. Thanks for the cluebat :)

 Do you agree though that changing FreeBSD.cf as in patch would not be optimal
 wrt hardcoding $CC and $CXX in installed imake configuration? If so, here's
 what I'm considering now: we can add the following two lines to ports
 Makefile:

 MAKE_ENV+=     MAKEFLAGS="CC=${CC} CXX=${CXX}"
 SCRIPTS_ENV+=	CC=${CC}

 and modify the last two lines in scripts/configure to:

 env MAKEFLAGS="CC=${CC}" make Makefile.boot
 env MAKEFLAGS="CC=${CC}" make -f xmakefile VerifyOS version.def Makefiles
 includes

 Would this kind of change make sense?
 If so, the CFLAGS could also be fixed in same way.