HEADSUP: Changes to X PREFIX mtree spec (BSD.x11-4.dist)

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Wed Jun 15 03:28:57 GMT 2005

Hello,

The mtree specification file (etc/mtree/BSD.x11-4.dist) got a bit cleaned up.
A lot of directories that were previously there, but were only used by a few
ports (mostly parts of either of X11 distribution) got moved to respective
ports plists. Changes to ports were already tested, maintainers have been
notified (If I somehow missed someone, it was completely unintentional and I
apologise) so I don't expect any problems from this.
More about this changes is here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2005-February/001619.html

One of notable changes is move of share/pixmaps to mtree, so if you have a new
port in works that installs files there under X PREFIX, you don't need to put
it in plist as mtree will handle this now.

Note that for X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg another mtree is used for now, though plan
is to revert to using etc/mtree/BSD.x11-4.dist again at the next upgrade of
Xorg ports.

Dejan