New compaq, new radeon id

Pete Carah pete at altadena.net
Thu Jul 21 09:22:51 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 05:34:38PM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:

> > > Actually, if you just want 2d, xorg-server-snap should support it.
> >
> > Oh, cool!

But, it doesn't work, at least on this hardware.  See pciconf in previous
reply.  And it's hard to debug spontaneous reboots without planting
code somewhere.  Is there an "invariants"-like thing for Xserver?

> > > For 3D, I'm guessing that, like other RS* chipsets, it's going to
> > > need agp_ati.c to work.  agp_ati.c should be nearly working (see
> > > i386/75251), I'm guessing there's just some bug left to be fixed,
> > > probably by someone with hardware.
> >
> > Uh, it's AMD64 chipset.  Doesn't he need agp_amd64.c instead?
>
> Maybe?  It would be nice if that just worked.

Noted in reply to first note - agp_amd64 has only AMD, nvidia, and Via
chips mentioned in its table, no ATI.

And dmesg for boot_verbose doesn't mention either agp or drm, as it is.
(from cvsup about 6pm this past evening.)

I think I'll wait for the agp_ati to show in the tree; maybe I could get
ahold of it some other way (I don't have access to any of the internal
repositories).

-- Pete