same to the ports/51632 PR but in Xorg 6.8.1

Rostislav Krasny rosti_bsd at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 13:50:11 PST 2005

--- Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak at ijs.si> wrote:
> On Sunday 23 of January 2005 18:45, Rostislav Krasny wrote:
> > Hello there.
> >
> > I use FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5 with current ports. No metter what locale
> I've
> > set, when I run 'xterm -lc &' I see following message in the new xterm
> > window:
> >
> > Warning: could not change ownership of tty -- pty is insecure!
> >
> > This is the same problem described in the ports/51632 PR about XFree86
> > version of luit(1). Could you please fix it in the Xorg 6.8.1 port too?
>
> The same fix is already there. To quote a message from xorg-clients port:
>
> If you want to use xterm with locales in a secure manner, luit must be
> installed setuid.  If you want to do this, hit Ctrl-C now and use
> "make WITH_SETUID_LUIT=yes"

Thank you very much for quick response and this explanation. I didn't see
that message from xorg-clients port because instead of building each part
of the Xorg ports collection separately I builded and installed the X.Org
distribution metaport wich have xorg-clients as a dependecy. If
WITH_SETUID_LUIT could be set during 'make config' I was never missed this
configuration option. What do you think about making the WITH_SETUID_LUIT so?