X.Org 6.8.2 - (most probably) final patch

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Sat Feb 19 21:02:28 PST 2005

On Sunday 20 of February 2005 05:22, Russell Jackson wrote:
> Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> > A small patch was added to hopefully avoid theoretical problem with
> > radeon driver. There were no troubles with previous one it seems, and
> > there were a couple of positive responses. It seems there are no split
> > distfiles, so a single bzipped tarball is still used, if they appear, the
> > ports will be modified to use them, but as this would not change neither
> > installed files, neither build process, this seems to be ready (after
> > tests on ports cluster of course):
> > http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xorg/XO-682_3.diff
> >
> > Dejan

Problem of this sort was already pointed out here:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2005-February/006260.html
(And I've mailed question a couple days later that that.) On the mirrors there
are README files that say split files will be available. They may or may not
at one time been put here:
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/X11R6.8.2/src/
but while links are there, the files themselves are not.
About the "uber build space": this should only be a problem if one is building
meta port from scratch as opposed to upgrading. That would hopefully mean
that there is enough space still available (as this would be a fresh install
and all), so I hope this is not a horrible problem. If however it proves to
be difficult, we can still untar a distfile only partially. This would not
change the build or contents of installed packages, so it wouldn't affect
results of ports cluster tests which need to be run sooner rather than later
in order to commit the upgrade in time for ports freeze for FreeBSD 5.4.
So if anybody has concerns about build space for building meta-port from
scratch, do please yell and we'll try to shrink it :)
(I'll ask again later and also on ports@ if the split distfiles are still not
available at that time).

Dejan