NVidia 6600 GT

Jason Henson jason at ec.rr.com
Tue Feb 15 21:14:24 PST 2005

Hello,

i have a nvidia 6600 GT (AGP) which I would like to use on my freebsd
workstation (5.3-STABLE). Currently this card does not seem to be
supported in
xorg with nv and the driver from nvidia has not been updated for a
while (the
linux version of this driver supports my card).
Is there any hope for me in the near future? For the moment, I stay
with my
Geforce 2.

Thanks a lot,
                         -- Olivier

Ok, just to let you know you should not count on the nv driver for new
stuff since nvidia is taking care of it.  I have given you the 2 links
to explain everything.  And to your question of hope in the future,
your hopes were filled 17 Aug 2004 12:54:09.  Just a matter of knowing
where to look I guess? :)

http://www.freshports.org/search.php?query=nvidia&search=go&num=10&stype=name&method=match&deleted=excludedeleted&start=1&casesensitivity=caseinsensitive

http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd_1.0-6113.html

FreeBSD Graphics Driver Download

Version: 1.0-6113
File Size: 6 MB
Release Date: August 13, 2004

Release Highlights:

    * Add support for the latest NVIDIA GPUs including GeForce 6800
Series
    * Supports FreeBSD -STABLE (4.9 or later), or FreeBSD -CURRENT
(5.2.1 or later)
    * Improved interaction with -CURRENT's new threading libraries.