Non working keyboard in X11 after upgrade of basesystem

Mark Nowiasz buckaroo at gmx.de
Fri Dec 30 06:39:39 PST 2005

Hi all,

I've got exactly the same problems - after updating 6.0 stable yesterday
gdm won't accept keyboard inputs any more. Before the update it was
working fine.

> > Hi,
> > Seems like this
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-gnome/2005-November/012918.html
>
> Yes, this fixes my problem. Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, it won't work for me - changing /usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/gdm.conf to

        FirstVT=9
        VTAllocation=true

has no, repeat, *no* effect at all.

I even tried to replace my custom gdm.conf with factory-gdm.conf (where
the lines above are enabled), but to no avail :-(

Disabling gdm in /etc/rc.conf, rebooting, logging in as root, enabling
gdm and starting gdm using /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d/gdm.sh start *will* work,
though.

So there's apparently still a race between init and gdm, which

        FirstVT=9
        VTAllocation=true

won't fix...

Right now gdm is absolutely useless - does anyone have an idea how to
fix the problem?

My system (AMD64):

tower# uname -a
FreeBSD tower.nowiasz.de 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #4: Thu Dec 29
17:12:43 CET 2005     root at tower.nowiasz.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TOWER
amd64

Thanks in advance,
Mark
--
The Roman Rule
	The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the