which video card for FreeBSD/amd64

Mikhail Teterin mi at aldan.algebra.com
Sun Apr 24 11:28:56 PDT 2005

Hello!

I'll, probably, give up on NVidia soon. The free "nv" driver does not
support two monitors on the same card, and the proprietory "nvidia"
driver does not support amd64. My attempts to get the Linux/amd64 driver
to work have so far yielded nothing but solid hangs of the system.

Adding an older PCI (VGA) card to drive the second monitor was
disappointing -- the picture is of noticably poorer quality than over
DVI.

Is there a decent AGP or PCI-X dual-DVI card out there, that offers
decent 1600x1200 picture on FreeBSD/amd64? 3D is not a requirement...

Thanks!

	-mi