Radeon 9200SE with Xorg 6.7 and DRI 5.0.2 crashes FreeBSD 5.3-BETA4

Andrew J Caines A.J.Caines at halplant.com
Mon Sep 13 01:38:50 PDT 2004

Folks,

I'm curious to see if any of you with the same or substantially similar
setups are seeing this. There's lots more detail in the PR[1] I filed, but
here's the description:

Starting X server with DRI enabled on vty using xinit (no .xinitrc)
switches mode, brings up previous root window for a second, then the X
server crashes and switches back to the now frozen vty. After a few
seconds, the system resets.

Without DRI, everything else works perfectly.

More detail on the system not in the PR is here[2].

[1] http://halplant.com:88/server/config/HAL10000/
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=71638

-Andrew-