xorg and xfree core ports [was Re: Second stab at X.Org 6.8.1 update]

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Sat Oct 30 14:13:00 PDT 2004

From Re: Second stab at X.Org 6.8.1 update
On Saturday 23 of October 2004 23:12, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 22:20, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> > About core port, would this make sense:
> > x11/xorg-libraries
> > x11/xorg-clients
> > x11-fonts/xorg-fonts-miscbitmaps
> > x11-servers/xorg-server
> > (and of course analogue for xfree)?
>
> I would stick in fonts-truetype and dri, too.  The goal being "the port
> I tell people to use when they complain about Y being in the xorg
> distribution or Z not coming with xorg-server," and probably also what
> sysinstall would use.

Considering the PR ports/73309, I'm thinking of putting fonts-miscbitmaps as a
dependency of xorg-server as people that only install server would then be
able to at least do the 'startx' out of the box and immediately see if things
work before going further with pots installation. Then the core port can only
depend on truetype (or even only on bistream-vera font which is also a part
of xorg an xfree distributions).

Dejan