pkg_add error

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Mon Nov 1 11:40:59 PST 2004

On Monday 01 of November 2004 16:54, Arnoud Tijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
>
> I`m trying to upgrade kdemultimedia to 3.3.0 by using pkg_add. I ge
> the following error:
>
> pkg_add: package bsdpan-XML-Parser-2.34 has no origin recorded
> pkg_add: could not find package kdemultimedia-mpeglib_artsplug-3.3.0 !
> pkg_add: 1 package addition(s) failed
>
> What is this bsdpan-XML-Parser-2.34 and how to solve this?

If you installed XML::Parser perl module through CPAN, then this is how it
gets recorded in package database (via BSDPAN module). There's nothing wrong
with this, however you could use 'pkgdb -F' to point its origin to
textproc/p5-XML-Parser.
As for kdemultimedia, are you using pkg_add remote fetching feature (pkg_add
-r)? If not and you only downloaded kdemultimedia package from somewhere, you
would need to download all the missing dependencies also. If you're already
using -r then it would seem that kdemultimedia-mpeglib_artsplug-3.3.0
dependency is missing from package repository. FreeBSD KDE list
(kde at FreeBSD.org) might know more about it.

Dejan