ports/68484: [ patch ] x11-servers/xorg-server: add WITHOUT_DRI knob

Roman Bogorodskiy bogorodskiy at inbox.ru
Tue Jun 29 11:30:39 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR ports/68484; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Roman Bogorodskiy <bogorodskiy at inbox.ru>
To: Adam Weinberger <adamw at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/68484: [ patch ] x11-servers/xorg-server: add WITHOUT_DRI knob
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:29:41 +0400

 --a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

  Adam wrote:

 > I guess now would be the time to note that I cannot get xorg-server to
 > compile when graphics/dri is installed. It compiles fine with
 > graphics/dri-devel, which doesn't have the XFree86 dependency issue.
 >=20
 > Maybe dri-devel should be the default dri to use?
 >=20
 > # Adam

 I'va mailed to anholt about this and what did he said:                     =
                                                       =20
                                                                            =
                                                       =20
 ---cut 8<---                                                               =
                                                       =20
 > So, if there are now such file, it tries to install the graphics/dri     =
                                                       =20
 > port. And it download XFree86 4.3.0 sources as I can see. I thinks       =
                                                       =20
 > it's                                                                     =
                                                       =20
 > not rational. May be it'd be better to use dri-devel port instead?       =
                                                       =20
                                                                            =
                                                       =20
 The xorg integration is not quite complete.  When it is, you'll be able    =
                                                       =20
 to use a WITH_XORG switch to select xorg dependencies.  For now, you       =
                                                       =20
 could choose to just install dri-devel.                                    =
                                                       =20
 ---cut 8<---

 -Roman Bogorodskiy

 --a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C