XFree86 4.4 port ??

Pedro F. Giffuni giffunip at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 21:31:39 GMT 2004

Hi;

I wanted to let everyone know the current status of XFree86 on FreeBSD.

- Dejan has submitted port updates to the XFree86 ports.
- The support issue has been completely cleared up as Rich Murphey, XFree86
developer and committer and long time FreeBSD developer, has offered to
maintain the port. David Dawes is also supportive of his effort. Rich is
already subscribed to this list so ... Thanks Rich !

This in no way undermines the work done on X.org, I'm sure FreeBSD users will
delighted to use both projects on their boxes :)

cheers,

    Pedro.