dependency fixing for xorg stuff

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Mon Jul 5 01:32:36 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 19:37, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:20:16 -0700, Eric Anholt <eta at lclark.edu> wrote:
>
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/X/xorg-conv-1.diff
>
> You can remove the fluxbox-devel and fluxbox in this diff. The
> fluxbox-devel is no longer depend on XFree86-client. As for fluxbox will
> be remove too when maintainer approves or fluxbox-devel merges into
> fluxbox when 1.0 is released.
>
> A question, how would you like me to deal with the libXrender? The
> x11/gcursor, my port, will need the libXrender if xorg is installed. It
> doesn't need this if XFree86-lib is installed. If you already have this
> plan, then nevermind and I will wait.

xorg-libraries provides libXrender just like XFree86-4-libraries does.
USE_XLIB will cover it fine.  You may be thinking of the modular x
effort, which is unfortunately still some time off before it'll be
releasable for general use.  Because of that I'm not working on
supporting it, for the moment.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org