Using xorg instead of XFree86

pfgshield-pedro at yahoo.com pfgshield-pedro at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 11:31:30 PDT 2004

--- Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> ha scritto: > On Thu, 1 Jul 2004
pfgshield-pedro at yahoo.com wrote:

> > AFAIK only one person has offered to maintain XFree86 and no one
> > has offered to maintain X.Org.
>
> Eric Anholt, who has done most of the work on our XFree86 port to
> date, has indicated that he will be maintaining the X.org port,
> unless I have misread everything he's posted in the last N months.
>
> mcl

He has been committing stuff, but he dropped as X maintainer (about N months
ago) and he has two jobs and forcing people to take all that kind sacrifice
isn't fair.

I'm not against his work, and I'm not even biased X.Org but we still need
someone willing to put his/her name (and reputation) on the port. Did I mention
(again) that someone offered to do this with XFree86 ?? ;-)

Pedro.