No /tmp/X11 cleanup in xorg-6.8.1 import

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Sun Dec 26 08:54:08 PST 2004

Eric Anholt wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 12:38 +0100, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I can't see any /tmp/X11 cleanup script in the xorg-6.8.1 import.
>>
>>After some candidates about that,  I think this must be do for all xorg
>>ports from the most common one.
>>
>>I think that any running xorg install (even only
>>x11-server/xorg-fontserver) needs xorg-libraries.
>>
>>So, the correct way to cope with this maybe install a
>>${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d/x11tmp.sh script from x11/xorg-libraries, working in
>>the way of the patch against the system /etc/rc.d
>>
>>So, we may not install the script upon an OS_VERSION (When this is done
>>from /etc/rc.d).
>>

>Why not just fix those other OS versions to remove the necessary bits?

Well.

I don't know if that has reach HEAD, but I'm sure it isn't on RELENG_5
and I doubt it can reach RELENG_5_3.

And I'm sure this can't reach RELENG_4 on time to FreeBSD-4.11 (Our
latest RELENG_4 release).

Right now, You can't boot xorg's Xserver if you don't have the right
things under /tmp (mainly /tmp/.X11-unix and /tmp/.ICE-Unix).

So, until the system patch reach our oldest maintained tag, this must be
on ports.  I can see now several post on the lists from people that
can't boot X after the upgrade.  Sure that most of them are related to this.

--
  josemi