ports/75425

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Dec 24 14:30:28 PST 2004

The following reply was made to PR ports/75425; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eric Anholt <eta at lclark.edu>
To: gnats <freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject: Re: ports/75425
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:21:51 -0800

 The conclusion of this so far has been that there's some bug in our
 6.8.1 such that i810s are crashing at 16 and 24 depth.  So, an ugly
 workaround is to run at 8bpp for now.  I posted a patch at
 http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/X/patch-i810-6_8 to update the i810
 bits to the latest CVS, and it has helped 0/1 people so far.  At this
 point, the best bet for debugging this is probably to do a dlloader
 build so that gdb can be used.  One bit of info about the dlloader is
 at:
 http://lists.freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2004-November/004566.html.

 If people seeing this problem could post to this gnats entry with what
 iXXX integrated graphics they happen to have, that could be useful.

 Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
 http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org